Add to Calendar
25/11/2019 – 26/11/2019 all-day
Martin Chatterton Author/Illustrator visit
- Illustrated 150+ books
- Authored/Co-authored 40+ books
- Co-authored many books with James Patterson
- PhD in legacy of Atlantic Slave Trade
- Website: https://www.worldofchatterton.com/
- Three sessions each day, for a total of 6 sessions. Scheduled to be determined. PYP, MYP, DP/CP will all have at least one session.
- Books will be available to purchase. Timing is contingent upon customs.
- Martin’s performances feature large-scale interactive ‘live’ drawing, ‘mind-reading’ and plenty of audience participation.
- EY: This presentation typically involves 6 or 7 ‘live’ drawings and several animated songs. Martin’s presentation is enlivened throughout with snippets of video, funny onscreen images and engaging audio
- Primary: Adds Interactive narrative to the previous session. The underlying educational aspect of this presentation revolves around ‘stories’ and ‘characters’.
- MYP: Beginning with drawings which focus on ‘live’ illustration, the sessions build to set piece ‘origin’ stories which bring in themes of narrative ingredients, beginnings, character, plot and resolution.
- DP/CP: At the upper end of the school in grades 10, 11 and 12, Martin shifts the focus to thought-provoking subjects emerging from his PhD: most notably slavery, history, art as witness, themes of memory, and a more in-depth examination of the diﬀering approaches to writing.