The Western International School of Shanghai (WISS) invite applications from Learning Support Specialists with a focus on academic and early intervention.
Learning Support specialist are an integral part of the student support services structure at WISS.
• Act as a case manager to a case: provide Individualized Learning Plans (ILP) or Accommodations Plan (AP), make observations and monitor student performance, communicate to parents or external agencies throughout this entire assessment process and communicate with the classroom team
• Assist teachers with tracking data to determine the effectiveness of interventions, and monitor relevant pupil data to help identify areas of need, concern and progress
• Provide academic support to students, demonstrating best practice working with a student (one-to-one) or a small group of students through “push-in” or “pull-out” methods
• Collaborate with teachers to identify a student’s needs and provide early intervention support, especially in sensory, psycho-motor, and communication (language) areas
• Support those students who are transitioning from EY to PYP, or PYP to MYP
• Support teachers in differentiating plans for students based on their unique learning profiles so that all students are engaged and challenged and each student achieves dramatic gains
• Embrace inclusive teaching practices on a daily basis to assist students in becoming successful learners
• Advise and collaborate with teachers and principals on modification processes for assessments
The ideal candidate must have a learning support or special education related degree and a minimum of three years post-degree experience working with children. A strong knowledge base in the area of learning differences, especially dyslexia, dysgraphia, and dyscalculia, as well as a deep knowledge base regarding ADD/ADHD or Executive Functioning Disorder is an advantage.
Due to the current restrictions with visa issuance and entry into China we are only able to consider candidates currently resident in China.
Please send a resume, including references and a photo, directly to Dr. Jose Manuel Gamito Gonzalez , Director of Student Support Services, firstname.lastname@example.org