The Western International School of Shanghai (WISS) invite applications from School Psychologists who focus on personal, social and emotional development for all students.
School Psychologists collaborate with students, parents, teachers, and administrators to support student well-being.
· Manage documents and files related to student’s plans and progress and help maintain the recording and monitoring systems related to additional personal, social and emotional needs.
· Implement prevention programs that help maintain positive school climates conducive to learning.
· Promote school policies and practices (prevention programs, awareness campaigns) that ensure the safety of all students by reducing school violence, bullying, and harassment.
· Provide support to administrators, teachers and parents regarding mental health issues/interventions, substance abuse, understanding cultures, evaluation of educational programs and progress of students.
· Interpret and use psychological external assessments for the purpose of writing psychological reports and developing written intervention plans.
· Participate in Individualized Learning Plan meetings as appropriate; facilitate the student support team as necessary to accomplish proper results.
· Provide crisis interventions for those students struggling with social, emotional, and behavioral issues (anxiety, stress, depression, suicidal thoughts, violence).
· Consult with parents regarding psycho-educational information and interventions.
· Work with the community to improve the lives of students.
· Process referrals to mental health agencies/professionals as needed.
· Serve as a liaison with community agencies providing support services to students and parents.
The ideal candidate must have a B.A. or higher in Psychology and a minimum of three years post-degree experience working in school environment. Experience in administration of psycho-educational assessments and periodic re-evaluations of referred students is an advantage.
Due to the current restrictions with visa issuance and entry into China we are only able to consider candidates currently resident in China.
Please send a resume, including references and a photo, directly to Dr. Jose Manuel Gamito Gonzalez , Director of Student Support Services, firstname.lastname@example.org