The Western International School of Shanghai (WISS) invite applications from School Counselors focusing on academic, social, and personal growth for all students. School counselors at WISS collaborate with students, parents, teachers, and administrators to support student learning and well-being.
· Be aware and understand the students’ individual needs (academic, social/emotional, behavioral) and share that information with the student support team.
· Monitor the students’ progress and oversee their learning and support system.
· Prepare and update relevant documents for individual students and create their ILPs. Keep track on the progress and keep it updated after 90 days.
· Provide consultation to teachers and parents as well as assisting in accessing services in the community.
· Work with teachers to increase the overall wellbeing of students in the school by educating about social, emotional health and creating transition programs for incoming and leaving students.
· Implement a comprehensive school counselling program that promotes and enhances student learning and achievement.
· Collaborate with the general education teachers, external professionals, and parents on how to best support the student and their needs within the school.
· Organise and facilitate meetings and act as an advocate for the student’s needs if necessary.
· Assist students in their personal, social, academic development aspects of education through services such as individual counselling, small group counselling, and classroom teaching.
The ideal candidate must have a B.A. or higher in counselling or similar subjects,
school counselling certificate and a minimum of three years post-degree experience working with students. Knowledge in learning disabilities, differentiation and academic support is an advantage.
Due to the current restrictions with visa issuance and entry into China we are only able to consider candidates currently resident in China.
Please send a resume, including references and a photo, directly to Dr. Jose Manuel Gamito Gonzalez , Director of Student Support Services, firstname.lastname@example.org