Stoke City FC Academy
Get Stoked! At the Western International School of Shanghai
What is Stoke?
Three coaches from the Stoke City FC are at WISS throughout the year to work with players selected into the Academy. It is an outstanding opportunity for students to learn from coaches with top-level qualifications and some who have played professionally themselves. Students also have the chance to travel to the Stoke City FC ground in the UK and train within their Youth Academy.
Stoke City FC is the oldest club in the Premier League Communities and this is the first football program of its kind, offering first-rate coaching throughout the year to students in Shanghai. Every session encourages players to become skilled, confident, and creative individuals, who can produce these skills in a match. The Stoke City FC Academy at WISS is about coming together as a team, improving players’ skills and, of course, having fun. Aside from the high-level football skills, it teaches commitment, discipline, and focus.
Why Choose Stoke FC Academy at WISS?
of the Academy
The Stoke City FC Academy at WISS is a great opportunity for students to follow their passion for football and improve their game.
The Academy is a full year program coached by three top coaches from Stoke City football club. The training program is based on the program at the Stoke City FC Academy in England. Every session encourages players to become skilled, confident, and creative individuals, who can produce these skills in a match. The Academy is about coming together as a team, improving players’ skills and of course, having fun. Aside from the high-level football skills, it teaches commitment, discipline and focus.
Stoke Guide Book
Stoke FC Academy at WISS: Shanghai Football Programs
This group trains twice weekly after school. The program is mainly ball manipulation and getting as many touches of the ball as possible. The team is part of the T98 friendly league (no points scheme) and play 5 vs 5 matches over the weekend.
This group trains three times weekly after school. The team is part of the T98 football league and play matches over the weekend. The program is divided into 3 parts: 1) Technical, 2) Game Related and 3) Small-sided Games.
This group trains three times weekly after school. They are part T98 football league and play matches over the weekend. Their program is divided into 4 parts: 1) Technical, 2) Game Related, 3) Possession and 4) Small-sided Games.
This group trains two times a week after school. Training sessions are all technical sessions, looking to improve players to make the step up into the academy teams. The Development Squad does not play matches on the weekend however they have small-sided games in their sessions which consist of 3 vs 3 – 5 vs 5.
This group trains three times a week after school. They are part of the SPL football league and play matches over the weekend. They will be introduced to more tactical detail and roles and responsibilities to play 11 vs 11.
This group is a new all-girls initiative to help players improve technically and physically whilst gaining confidence in the sport.
More Opportunities With Stoke FC Academy
Skills camps are typically offered during CNR and summer.
The Pint Size Potters (EY) and Primary Potters are the newest addition to our Stoke City Football Program at WISS. WISS students of all soccer abilities in Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 5 are welcome.
Interested in joining Stoke City FC Academy?
Anyone interested in joining the Stoke City Football Academy at WISS must register to attend a trial first.
To register email email@example.com and include student’s full name, date of birth and arrangements for getting home after the trial. You will then receive a confirmation email with the trial details.
Meet the Coaches
Our Approach to Coaching
- Skill is the foundation that all other parts of the game can be built on.
- The Golden Ages of Skills learning is 7-16 years old.
- Excellence demands effort and planned deliberate practice of increasing difficulty.
- Team success depends on Individual and Small Group Skills.
- FA Level 1 & 2 in Football, Youth Module 2, Futsal Level 1 qualifications
- Coaching Disabled Footballers qualification
- Worked alongside academy coaches from Liverpool FC & Rochdale AFC
- Taught PE to primary school children from Nursery to Grade 6
- Specialized 1-1 coaching in America and England
- Coach 3-19 years old
- Degree in Sports Management
- Coaching badges and qualifications from the US and UK
- Coached in UK, USA, China, and Canada
- Masters in High Performance Football
- Worked alongside elite first team coaches
- Worked within 3 professional academies
- Coached in Spain, Germany, China, England, Dubai, and Africa
- Coach 3 – 17 year-olds
- Masters in High Performance in Football in Barcelona, Spain
- National Team Tactical Analyst
- Qualification in an Expert in Youth Development Program in Barcelona, Spain
- Coach all ages; 3 to senior professionals
The Stoke Experience
U18 Stoke Player, 2019
developing technical and tactical skills my son has improved in taking responsibility and learned about what’s required for a professional career.