Art & Design
Business & Sustainability
In collaboration with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU), WISS students can embark on a dual enrollment pathway designed for students who wish to pursue further study in Aeronautics, Engineering, and Aviation Business. WISS is proud to currently be the only IBCP school in China to offer this groundbreaking pathway that interests students and offers lifelong and applicable skills and knowledge. We are only the 4th IBCP school worldwide to offer this exciting and competitive partnership with ERAU in Aeronautics.
Students who complete the Career-related Programme will earn the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme Certificate. The WISS IBCP-Aeronautics pathway will allow students to progress to higher education with 24 university credits already achieved by the end of Grade 12.
This rigorous and exciting academic path is designed for students interested in aviation, air traffic control, aeronautical science, engineering, physics, and military and civilian aviation. Students study freshman year courses in aeronautics, aeronautical engineering, and aviation business administration with Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) while completing their high school diploma (with IB Certification) at WISS. Successful students earning sufficient credits will be able to join Embry-Riddle as a sophomore.
IBCP-Aeronautics students can engage in all of their ERAU courses through eLearning while studying here at WISS. IBCP-Aeronautics students will partake in eight ERAU courses, with each course lasting nine weeks. This means that CP-Aeronautics students will have to work through WISS holidays to keep up with their ERAU classes. Each track comes with the opportunity to customize some class choices after all pre-requisite classes have been completed (excluding Engineering).
To best support our CP-Aeronautics students, WISS has set up a mentorship system.
- Meet once a week with a WISS Math or Science teacher to discuss their progress with ERAU assignments and ask for guidance if needed.
- Meet once every two-week rotation with the CP Coordinator to discuss their progress.
- Have access to their ERAU professor and academic advisor through their ERAU online learning platform.
- Have access to ERAU textbooks and suggested readings in the WISS Library/ERAU online library.
IBCP-Aeronautics students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must meet or exceed ERAU’s undergraduate admission requirements.
- Students must take two or three IBDP courses. (HL Physics and HL Math are strongly advised.)
- Students must complete the CP Core.
- Students must pass all eight ERAU classes, taken throughout Grade 11 and 12.
TRACK 1 – Aeronautics (BSA)
TRACK 2 – Aviation Business and Administration (BSABA)
TRACK 3 – Engineering (BSE)
More information can be found here.