Did you know that WISS students who are passionate about sports can begin learning relevant professional skills now? WISS offers a Sports Pathway for the IB Career-related Programme (CP). The IBCP is designed for students interested in pursuing a career-related education in the final two years of secondary school and provides students with an excellent foundation to support their further studies, as well as ensure their preparedness for success in the workforce.
#MustKnow In collaboration with the Western International School of Shanghai, staff at the Faculty of Health Sciences and Sport and Stirling Management School of the University of Stirling have examined in detail the curriculum of the newly introduced International Baccalaureate® Career-related Programme and have specified entry requirements for IBCP students in 12 sport-related programs.
The University of Stirling confirms accepting students with the IBCP (Sport) qualification into Year 1 of the following sport-related programmes:
- BA (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science (need a biology, chemistry, mathematics or physics subject)
- BA (Hons) Sports Studies
- BA (Hons) Sport Business Management
- BA (Hons) Film & Media and Sports Studies
- BA (Hons) Journalism Studies and Sports Studies
- BA (Hons) History and Sports Studies
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- BA (Hons) Psychology and Sports Studies
- BSC (Hons) Sport Studies, Physical Education and Professional Education (to be considered on a case by case basis)
- BAcc (Hons) Accountancy and Sports Studies (need a math subject)
- BA (Hons) Business Studies and Sports Studies
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Sports Studies
WISS is proud to be part of the first known collaboration where a university has set
clear undergraduate entry requirements for IBCP Sports graduates.