We are currently looking for a Design Technician to help maintain the design workshop and support the Design Team. The technician would need to be fluent in both English and Chinese and experience with design equipment to include 3D printers, laser cutters, and general workshop equipment. As this is a locally hired position, a visa cannot be supported.
- Maintain and operate 3D Printers, Laser Cutter and general workshop equipment
- Ensure workshops and design studios are set up and ready for each class
- Create inventories and maintain stock levels
- Research material and suppliers
- Liase and place orders with the purchasing department
- Cut and prepare materials
- Fabricate student examples and items required by the department
- Support students with their project work
- Support the department as required
- Experience with Web design, Wix, Photoshop, Gimp, 2D design, Corel Draw, Mesh Mixer, Net Fab, Sculptris, Auto CAD, Solid Works, Inventor, Publisher, Kodu, Audacity, iMovie, Weebly would be an advantage.
Please send your resume, including references and a photo, directly to Dr. Greg Brunton, Director, at email@example.com.