We are looking for experienced Learning Support Specialists with responsibilities to include:
- diagnose specific academic and behavioral weaknesses/strengths through formal diagnostic assessments if necessary (licensed to provide academic evaluations).
- act as a case manager to a case load of students: provide learning plans (LP) and recommendations, monitoring student performance, communicate to parents or external agencies throughout this entire assessment process, communicate with the classroom team and demonstrate best practice working with a child or a group of children through “push-in”, “pull-out” methods.
- assist teachers and parents to problem solve students’ academic and behavioral challenges.
- prepare and present Professional Development Workshops for WISS staff and parents.
- support the Admissions Department in those cases that require making important decisions
about certain students.
Part Time and Full time positions are available through June 2018 with an option to extend the contract. Candidates should have masters in learning differences, special education, or reading specialist and at least 3 years’ experience in that field in the Early Years or Primary school setting. Please send a resume, including references and a photo, to Dr. Jose Gamito Gonzalez, Head of Learning Support at email@example.com